Job Type: Full Time – Position is in-house
What We Do
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their audiences in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message! TapOnIt’s SaaS text marketing and communications platform is designed to help brands build, grow, retain, engage, and monetize databases of people that have signed up to receive content from them via text.
Unlike other text providers in our space, we are not focusing on just text messages but text-to-conversion. Whether used for marketing, sales, internal operations, or customer service, our proprietary technology offers a best-in-class solution that drives guaranteed visibility and trackable results for our clients.
Who We Are Looking For
We seek an experienced Director of Sales to establish and grow our sales department. A high-energy, strategic thinker who is a passionate, people-focused leader with a love for collaborating cross-functionally across teams to scale business and celebrate collective wins is a must. A great candidate will be a highly collaborative, driven, hard-working, and adaptable team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successfully building and scaling sales in B2B SaaS companies. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with leadership, you will be responsible for assembling and leading a team, creating processes, and driving strategy and execution of SaaS sales while actively contributing to the pipeline and revenue. Experience in the SMS/MMS messaging and communications industry is a major plus.
If you love tech, live and breathe building, growing and leading sales teams, and think you have what it takes to help scale a growing SaaS company, this might be the perfect role for you.
What You Will Do
- Assess and improve upon current sales processes, methodologies, infrastructure, and metrics to optimize the performance of the sales organization.
- Develop strategies to recruit, develop, and retain a high-performing diverse team providing career development and performance management.
- Foster an inclusive team that values continuous improvement and feedback.
- Build a high-performing sales organization that consistently exceeds standards and objectives through value-based selling and consultative sales.
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals and motivate the sales teams to achieve their goals.
- Manage a customer pipeline, revenue growth targets, and go-to-market strategies.
- Contribute to the budgeting process, strategy process and technology improvement process for the sales department alongside the management team.
- Drive development of operational playbooks, procedures, and training materials.
- Work closely with marketing to develop inbound and outbound strategies and materials that help achieve sales goals.
- Lead and direct a sales team to exceed sales revenue goals, sales profitability and budgetary objectives.
- Be accountable for individual and team results, focusing on both long-term and short-term strategies.
- Propel sales and customer success teams to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value, without sacrificing profitability targets.
- Build a strong operating cadence with sales and management teams around pipeline, forecasting, deal review, execution, deployment, and revenue realization.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline, forecast, and results using Hubspot and other tools
- Partner with cross-functional teams on strategy and execution to drive adoption, increase productivity, and reduce/eliminate customer churn.
- Proactively identify market opportunities, perform competitive analysis, and capture customer feedback.
- Summarize product feedback gathered from customer and prospect meetings and act as an advocate for our customers with internal development and product teams.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies, industry trends, best practices and change management to improve performance and increase profitability.
- Evangelize our products, solutions, and best practices to our customers, prospects, and the market via current and prospective client meetings, marketing events, webinars, and other external communications channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Previously served as a Director or VP of Sales or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a sales leadership position.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a customer facing selling role using CRM. software; proficiency with Hubspot is preferred.
- Working knowledge of, or high interest in the SMS/MMS messaging industry.
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well as employee motivation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
- Proven track record of setting, tracking, and achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners and key influencers.
- Highly effective cross-functional team management skills with the ability to collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment.
- Excellent strategic planning, organizational, analytical, creative thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be strategic, but still roll up your sleeves to accomplish what needs to be done
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate across business and technology.
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to succeed and lead by example.
- Authorization to work in the United States and work from our Davenport, IA office.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Paid holidays, Birthday day off, one flex holiday per year, office closed from December 24th – January 1st, 1st Monday in May off for Mental Health Awareness
- A flexible schedule that allows you to adjust daily start and finish times to fit your needs
- Team health and wellness opportunities, 24/7, on-site fitness center
- Training according to your desired path and development needsA company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
Extra fun stuff:
A fun start-up environment
Free coffee, great snacks & company swag
Casual dress code, because we want you to feel comfortable
A “Fun Committee” that plans team activities in and outside of the office
Hypoallergenic office dog 🙂
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.