Job Type: Full-time
Location: Davenport, IA. Position is in-house, applicants must be willing to commute or relocate.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What we do:
TapOnIt is revolutionizing the way businesses attract and connect with customers via their powerful messaging platform. A female-founded company launched in April 2015 by Katie Castillo-Wilson and her sister Sara Castillo, TapOnIt has quickly emerged as a leader in message tech space and is ramping up for exponential growth.
How? We leverage direct messages (SMS / MMS) and a rich mobile web interface to deliver meaningful communications to targeted & smart audiences. With text messages having a 99% open-rate – including 90% opened within three minutes of being received – TapOnIt technology delivers immediate visibility and results for brands at a fraction of the cost of traditional forms of advertising. Our tech has continued to evolve over the last five years, and our branded product, TapOnIt Deals, has provided valuable insight and a proven record of success.
You’ll spend time on:
- Working with cloud services and infrastructure (AWS),
- Updating relational databases schemas (PostgreSQL Server)
- Managing in-memory key-value data stores (Redis)
- Deploying updates in AWS
- Analyzing biz requirements and designing software features in microservices environment
- Modern software engineering environment (bitbucket, jira, confluence)
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Associate degree / at least 2 years training in Computer Science / IT / Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL Server), in-memory key-value data stores (Redis), Amazon Web Services
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Familiarity with the commercial software development process with good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and branch management (JIRA/confluence/bitbucket)
- PHP Development skills
- Self-management and strong prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, developers communicate with customers and key stakeholders directly
- Highly motivated, team player with a track record of technical leadership and technical collaboration
Company perks offered:
- Paid time off, birthdays off and the office is closed between Christmas and New Years!
- Health Insurance- covering 75% of employee health plan, and access to dental and vision
- $25,000 life insurance policy provided for all employees and access to additional life insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Education, training, supportive teammates, co-workers and leaders that will encourage you to accomplish your goals
- Promotion and bonus opportunities available
- No internal meetings on Wednesdays allowing time for uninterrupted work and mental clarity
- Unlimited Coffee
- Casual dress code
- Hypoallergenic office dog: Ollie, Chief “Barketing” Officer
- We love celebrating accomplishments, employees, and any day that ends in Y. Plenty of company sponsored events, happy hours, food, presents, company swag and more. (Restrictions apply due to pandemic)
TapOnIt provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.