Davenport, Iowa | Development Team
Job Type: Full Time – Position is in-house
Who are we?
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their audiences in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message! TapOnIt’s SaaS text marketing platform is designed to help brands build, grow, retain, engage, and monetize databases of people that have signed up to receive content from them via text.
Unlike other text providers in our space, we are not focusing on just the text message, but on text-to-conversion. Whether it’s being used for marketing, sales, internal operations, or customer service, our proprietary technology offers a best-in-class solution that drives guaranteed visibility and trackable results for our clients.
What does this job entail?
- Working with cloud services and infrastructure (AWS)
- Managing and working with relational databases (PostgreSQL Server)
- Managing in-memory key-value data stores (Redis) and message queuing services (SQS)
- Deploying updates in AWS (Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, ECS, ECR)
- Analyzing business requirements and designing software features in a microservices environment
- Modern software engineering environment (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
What qualifications does this role require?
- Associate degree / at least 2 years training in Computer Science / IT / Engineering or related field / Software Engineering Bootcamp
- Experience with backend development (REST APIs, etc.) using Node.js or similar technologies
- Strong with SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL Server), in-memory key-value data stores (Redis), Amazon Web Services (SQS, ECR/ECS, RDS, Elasticache, EC2/Elastic Beanstalk)
- Authorization to work in the United States
What are the preferred qualifications for this role?
- 2+ years experience with backend development and integrating with 3rd party APIs/services (Shopify, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Square, Marketo, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with SQL and data science/engineering
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Familiarity with the commercial software development process with good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and branch management (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Knowledge of Docker/other containerization platforms
- Linux CLI (Bash/ZSH) skills / familiarity with Amazon Linux/CentOS/RHEL and Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Self-management and strong prioritization skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, developers may occasionally communicate with customers and key stakeholders directly
- Highly motivated, team player with a track record of technical leadership and technical collaboration
What we offer:
- A fun start-up environment
- Flexible schedule that allows you to adjust daily start and finish times to fit your needs
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Team health and wellness opportunities, 24/7, on-site fitness center
- Paid Time Off, Paid holidays, Birthday day off, one flex holiday per year, office closed from December 24th – January 1st, 1st Monday in May off for Mental Health Awareness
- Training according to your desired path and development needs
- A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
- Free coffee, great snacks & company swag
- Casual dress code, because we want you to feel comfortable
- A “Fun Committee” that plans team activities in and outside of the office
- Hypoallergenic office dogs 🐶
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.