Job Type: Full Time – Position is in-house
What do we do?
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their audiences in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message! TapOnIt’s SaaS text marketing platform is designed to help brands build, grow, retain, engage, and monetize databases of people that have signed up to receive content from them via text.
Unlike other text providers in our space, we are not focusing on just text messages but text-to-conversion. Whether used for marketing, sales, internal operations, or customer service, our proprietary technology offers a best-in-class solution that drives guaranteed visibility and trackable results for our clients.
Who are we looking for?
We seek an experienced product manager to collaborate cross-functionally across teams to help scale the business. You may already be a confident leader with experience guiding teams in successfully creating products that improve customer experience and grow market share. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successful product management in B2B SaaS technology.
Working collectively with engineers, designers, marketers, business development, leadership, clients, stakeholders, and more, you will take the lead in setting product priorities and following through the full lifecycle of product production- from conception to release.
A passion for technology, marketing, sales, and collaborating with a fun team in a startup environment is a must. A great candidate will be a driven, hard-working, and adaptable team player with an entrepreneurial spirit. As a rapidly growing company, internal growth and career development opportunities are plentiful.
If you love tech, live and breathe taking an idea from conception through release, and think you
have what it takes to help scale an early-stage company, this might be the perfect role for you.
What will you do?
- Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes, including product research, market
research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development,
requirements development, and product launch.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams on product
development, QA, and release. Aligning cross-functional teams and creating clarity in the
face of ambiguity.
- Be a product owner; manage epics, user stories, acceptance criteria, and product
backlog; develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple
- Lead internal training programs that describe the positioning, value proposition,
capabilities, sales strategies, and other best practices for our products and solutions
- Proactively identify market opportunities, perform competitive analysis, and capture
customer product feedback.
- Work with marketing to ensure release communication, website updates, PR, and lead
generation activities have solid product positioning and information.
- Manage current partnerships with key software technology providers and analyze
potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective
- Evangelize our products, solutions, and best practices to our customers, prospects, and
the market at large via current and prospective client meetings, marketing events,
webinars, and other external communications channels
What qualifications should you have?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Previous SaaS experience preferred
- Working knowledge of or high interest in the SMS/MMS messaging industry
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management skills
- Can collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate across business and technology.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a rapid pace environment with multiple and shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a drive to succeed and lead by example
- Authorization to work in the United States and work from our Davenport, IA office
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- A flexible schedule that allows you to adjust daily start and finish times to fit your needs
- Paid Time Off, Paid holidays, Birthday day off, one flex holiday per year, office closed from December 24th – January 1st, 1st Monday in May off for Mental Health Awareness
- Team health and wellness opportunities, 24/7, on-site fitness center
- Training according to your desired path and development needs
- A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
Extra fun stuff:
- A fun start-up environment
- Free coffee, great snacks & company swag
- Casual dress code, because we want you to feel comfortable
- A “Fun Committee” that plans team activities in and outside of the office
- Hypoallergenic office dogs 🐶
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.