Davenport, Iowa | Sales Team
Job Type: Full-Time – Position is in-house
Who we are?
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their audiences in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message! TapOnIt’s SaaS text marketing platform is designed to help brands build, grow, retain, engage, and monetize databases of people that have signed up to receive content from them via text.
Unlike other text providers in our space, we are not focusing on just the text message, but on text-to-conversion. Whether it’s being used for marketing, sales, internal operations, or customer service, our proprietary technology offers a best-in-class solution that drives guaranteed visibility and trackable results for our clients.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious Business Development Representative to help accelerate the growth of TapOnIt. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in B2B technology/SaaS sales and a passion for marketing, technology, sales, and collaborating with a fun team in a startup environment.
As a Business Development Representative you’ll identify, source, and qualify leads. Using strong consultative skills, you’ll balance contacting warm inbound leads and reaching potential clients all while working with internal stakeholders to achieve TapOnIt’s goals.
A great candidate will be a driven, hard-working, and adaptable team player, with an entrepreneurial spirit, as this role will be instrumental in developing and powering the revenue engine. As a rapidly growing company, opportunities for internal growth and career development are plentiful.
If you love tech, live and breathe sales, and think you have what it takes to scale an early-stage company, this might be the perfect role for you.
What will you do?
- Research accounts, identify key targets, and generate interest through outreach (email campaigns, discovery calls, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Generate new outbound leads, pursue leads, and move them through the sales cycle
- Conduct high-level discovery calls with prospects
- Demonstrate expert understanding of our platform and value proposition, and effectively deliver this knowledge to prospective clients to help them achieve their goals
- Book meetings & demos for Account Executives when a lead is qualified
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives
- Develop new angles and test different strategies to achieve sales goals
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly pipeline goals – individually and collectively
What qualifications does this role require?
- Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience selling SaaS or other B2B products
- Highly organized self-starter who can multitask, prioritize, and adapt to rapid change
- Driven, dynamic, and high-energy personality that is not easily discouraged
- Natural storyteller (excellent communication, interpersonal skills), but even better listener
- Ability to influence others and create a sense of urgency
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner who can articulate complex concepts
- Strong problem-solving skills to propose mutually beneficial solutions
- Proficient in MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Familiar with Google Suite
- Comfortable with CRM, productivity, and sales tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
- Authorization to work in the United States, and work from our Davenport, IA office.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
What we offer:
- A fun start-up environment
- Flexible schedule that allows you to adjust daily start and finish times to fit your needs
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Team health and wellness opportunities, 24/7 on-site fitness center
- Paid Time Off, Paid holidays, Birthday day off, one flex holiday per year, office closed from December 24th – January 1st, 1st Monday in May off for Mental Health Awareness
- Training according to your desired path and development needs
- A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
- Free coffee, great snacks & company swag
- Casual dress code, because we want you to feel comfortable
- A “Fun Committee” that plans team activities in and outside of the office
- Hypoallergenic office dog:)
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.