Davenport, Iowa | Development Team
Job Type: Full-time
What do we do?
At TapOnIt, we’re all about helping businesses reach their customers in the fastest and most direct way possible – via text message!
TapOnIt provides a text message SaaS solution allowing businesses to creatively communicate with their customers. Companies of every size and industry are using TapOnIt to build, retain, engage and monetize first-party databases.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a strong engineer with experience designing and building REST API’s and delivering within a production environment.
What does this job entail?
- Working with cloud services and infrastructure (AWS),
- Updating relational databases schemas (PostgreSQL Server)
- Managing in-memory key-value data stores (Redis)
- Deploying updates in AWS
- Analyzing biz.requirements and designing software features in microservices environment
- Modern software engineering environment (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
What qualifications does this role require?
- BA/BS degree / at least 4 years’ experience in Computer Science / IT / Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL Server), in-memory key-value data stores (Redis), Amazon Web Services
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Strong knowledge of API development
- Strong knowledge of the node frameworks (Express, restify)
- Knowledge of UI development (Vue)
- Strong knowledge of web services (Restful)
- Good knowledge of relation database, specifically (PostgreSQL)
- Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software.
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Knowledge of third-party apps such as Shopify and Mailchimp considered a plus
- Familiarity with the commercial software development process with good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and branch management
- Able to work in an agile environment such as SCRUM
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, willing to work and coordinate with multiple teams for solution delivery
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive solutions, take initiative, meet deadlines and deliver in a production environment
What can we offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Paid time off. Plus, birthdays off and the office is closed between Christmas and New Year’s!
- Health Insurance- covering 75% of employee health plan, and access to dental and vision
- $25,000 life insurance policy provided for all employees and access to additional life insurance
- Promotion and bonus opportunities
- Education and training opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Hypoallergenic office dog: Ollie, Chief “Barketing” Officer
- Flexible work schedule
TapOnIt is an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.