Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Davenport, IA. Position is in-house, applicants must be willing to commute or relocate.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What we do:
TapOnIt is revolutionizing the way businesses attract and connect with customers via their powerful messaging platform. A female-founded company launched in April 2015 by Katie Castillo-Wilson and her sister Sara Castillo, TapOnIt has quickly emerged as a leader in message tech space and is ramping up for exponential growth.
How? We leverage direct messages (SMS / MMS) and a rich mobile web interface to deliver meaningful communications to targeted & smart audiences. With text messages having a 99% open-rate – including 90% opened within three minutes of being received – TapOnIt technology delivers immediate visibility and results for brands at a fraction of the cost of traditional forms of advertising. Our tech has continued to evolve over the last five years, and our branded product, TapOnIt Deals, has provided valuable insight and a proven record of success.
You’ll spend time on:
- Working with cloud services and infrastructure (AWS),
- Updating relational databases schemas (PostgreSQL Server)
- Managing in-memory key-value data stores (Redis)
- Deploying updates in AWS
- Analyzing biz.requirements and designing software features in microservices environment
- Modern software engineering environment (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
We are looking for a strong engineer with experience designing and building REST API’s and delivering within a production environment.
- BA/BS degree / at least 4 years’ experience in Computer Science / IT / Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL Server), in-memory key-value data stores (Redis), Amazon Web Services
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Strong knowledge of API development
- Strong knowledge of the node frameworks (Express, restify)
- Knowledge of UI development (Vue)
- Strong knowledge of web services (Restful)
- Good knowledge of relation database, specifically (PostgreSQL)
- Technical expertise in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of software.
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Knowledge of third-party apps such as Shopify and Mailchimp considered a plus
- Familiarity with the commercial software development process with good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking and branch management
- Able to work in an agile environment such as SCRUM
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, willing to work and coordinate with multiple teams for solution delivery
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to drive solutions, take initiative, meet deadlines and deliver in a production environment
Company perks offered:
- Paid time off, birthdays off and the office is closed between Christmas and New Years!
- Health Insurance- covering 75% of employee health plan, and access to dental and vision
- $25,000 life insurance policy provided for all employees and access to additional life insurance
- Cell phone stipend
- Education, training, supportive teammates, co-workers and leaders that will encourage you to accomplish your goals
- Promotion and bonus opportunities available
- No internal meetings on Wednesdays allowing time for uninterrupted work and mental clarity
- Unlimited Coffee
- Casual dress code
- Hypoallergenic office dog: Ollie, Chief “Barketing” Officer
- We love celebrating accomplishments, employees, and any day that ends in Y. Plenty of company sponsored events, happy hours, food, presents, company swag and more. (Restrictions apply due to pandemic)
TapOnIt provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.